Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), a technology that speeds up website loading on mobile platforms, is recommended.
It’s very easy to do this if you use WordPress, as there are many best AMP WordPress plugins.
Many of them are FREE
However, you will need to take the time to properly configure them. It is possible that you will need to make design adjustments.
It’s still worth it if Google gives your site a top ranking in mobile searches.
Important note: Before you install any of these AMP plugins on WordPress, you should make sure that you:
- Make a backup copy of your website.
- Make sure it works in your hosting environment.
- It should be in line with your site’s goals.
- A developer should be available to ensure that it is properly configured.
- It should be compatible with your theme.
These are the top AMP plugins available for WordPress.
You can’t go wrong if you aren’t sure which plugin you should choose from this list. It was created by the official AMP project.
These are just a few of the capabilities.
- Support for core theme: This plugin is compatible with “core” themes such as Twenty Twenty.
- Compatibility Tool: Sometimes it is not possible to automate AMP Markup Injection. The plugin will alert you if this happens so that you can fix them manually.
- CSS tree-shaking This tool will remove any unused cascading styles sheets (CSS), so that you stay below the AMP-mandated limit of 50k.
- AMP Stories The plugin allows you to create, edit and publish AMP Stories.
The tool can be configured to follow one of the three templates modes:
- Standard: You can use the AMP plugin to manage your entire website. You don’t need to seperate AMP and non-AMP content.
- Reader: Displays pages that have a simplified design and meet AMP standards. Each page includes both an AMP URL and a canonical URL.
- Transitional Delivers AMP and Non-AMP experiences with the exact same look and feel.
It also receives regular updates. Another argument for the plugin is its ability to receive frequent updates if you are a fan of always having “the latest and greatest”.
The AMP plugin is one of the most highly-rated on this list.
It even has a higher average rating than that of the official AMP project.
AMP for WP offers a rich feature list that includes:
- AdSense support.
- For support, please use the Contact Form 7.
- Email opt-in support
- Call to Action for support
This plugin is a great option if you are looking to make your website more mobile-friendly and then use it for digital marketing.
The tool can also be used with many of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins such as Yoast SEO and All in One SEO, SEOPress and Rank Math, as well as The SEO Framework.
WooCommerce is also integrated with AMP for WP. This feature can be a competitive advantage if you sell products online.
If you need help getting the plugin up and running, the developers offer premium support.
What would you do if your pages were to be marked up so they appear in search results as rich snippets?
You might be interested in the Schema & AMP plugin.
This option does not support AMP plugins per se. It supports AMP. This is the key takeaway.
The tool supports 33 different schema types: blog posts, news articles and recipes.
The developers will add the schema type that you request if it isn’t available.
You can even use the tool to support conditional display fields so that you can decide which pages, posts, and other content get marked up.
You can also import markup data from WP SEO Schema and SEO Pressor.
Premium versions of the tool allow you to add reviews, and offer priority support.
You can transform your website into a Progressive Web App (PWA) by using the WP & AMP plugin.
You can use the tool to improve your user experience with the most recent web tech features.
The plugin supports AMP for both the first and second paragraphs.
It also includes UTM tracking, multisite support, and a cache expiration feature.
PWA for WP & AMP offers a service worker option that optimizes your site. This means faster loading times for your visitors.
The best part is that the tool also offers offline support. The site can be loaded quickly even if the visitor isn’t connected.
Premium PWA for WP and AMP offers access to a loading icon collection, calls to actions, and data analysis.
You will need the glue for Yoast SEO and the OfficialAMP Plugin for WordPress.
Why? It’s because it’s the glue that allows the two plugins work together.
You can also easily customize your AMP content.
Glue also adds rudimental styling to the site so that AMP visitors can still enjoy a small part of it.
It was developed by the same developer that created Yoast SEO.
This plugin appears to be a relatively new addition to the AMP plugins library. It currently has only a thousand installed.
The AMP WP plugin still shows promise. The product description states that you can achieve a load speed of up to 5x with this tool.
The developer also claims it is 100% compatible with Yoast SEO.
These are just a few of the other features that you get with this plugin:
- Support for GDPR (for Europe).
- Slider support
- Similar posts
- Third-party analytics support (like Google Analytics).
- Ability to configure AMP for certain taxonomies (tags or categories).
- Sticky header Optional
- Lightboxes for images
The WeeblrAMP plugin allows you to create a complete AMP version for your entire website.
WeeblrAMP can also be integrated with many other tools such as:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Facebook Pixel
- Yoast SEO
- Send us a message via the Contact Form 7.
- Gravity Forms
The plugin allows you to customize your AMP experience by using template overrides.
WeeblrAMP currently has 700 active installations. It has a 4.5-star rating.
8. easy AMP
easy AMP! is another “set it, forget it” plugin. It’s easy to install and activate, and you will have an AMP-compliant site.
It is not easy, however. Particularly in web development.
Manual configuration will be required.
This tool supports:
- Google Analytics
easy AMP! automatically adds social sharing buttons to your pages. This plugin is already installed and ready to go.
The tool can also convert multiple images into an AMP-compliant cartousel.
easy AMP! It only has about 100 installs, but it’s got an impressive 4-star rating.
Do you want to create full-screen, fast-loading web content?
AMP Stories can be used to engage website visitors with your brand.
They’re very similar to Instagram Stories.
Images, animations and videos can be included in your own AMP Stories.
The AMP Stories plugin is a great way to use AMP Stories. You can create a Story simply by filling out a form in a post.
You can also include a URL in your Story using the tool. This can be useful if you need to redirect users to another section of your website (e.g. to place an order).
The pro version includes bookend management, additional content support at Stories’ end, and Facebook integration.
This tool currently has a 5-star rating
Wrapping it Up – Best AMP WordPress Plugins
Mobile devices are becoming more important than ever, so a website must load quickly on these devices.
AMP makes it easy.
It is not simple to manually implement AMP technology onto your website.
There are many plugins available for WordPress.
You can grab any of these plugins to add AMP support to WordPress.
- Top 10+ Best NeuronWriter Alternatives Help You Create Compelling Content
- What is Schema? How to create Schema for websites from A to Z
- Top 5 Best WordAI Alternatives For Content Generation
- Google Sandbox: The reason why your website is restricted & how to solve it
- What is Canonical tag? 7 Mistakes in using Canonical Tag in SEO