Turnitin promotes an inclusive workplace that brings talented people together to thrive as they really are. Their mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
What is Turnitin?
Turnitin is an Internet plagiarism detection service operated by the US company Turnitin, LLC, a subsidiary of Advance Publications.
Why should you use Turnitin?
It can be used as a deterrent, but also as an educational tool to teach students how to use resources effectively and improve their paraphrasing and quoting skills. With a database of more than 300 million essays, 110,000 publications and over 24 billion different web pages, it is currently one of the most popular plagiarism checking services available today.
How does Turnitin software work?
- Similar to other duplicate checker tools. This tool will analyze the elements of the article and comb through its database to highlight duplicates and give an overall assessment of the originality of the article.
- It matches text in an assignment by comparing student submissions with internet archives, internet data, archives of previously submitted articles, and journals. and periodicals. This tool then generates an ‘Originality Report’ that is viewable by both faculty and students, locating the text in the student’s submission that matches another source.
- It will search for related articles based on the keywords of the articles submitted by students. For example, if the keyword “Turnitin mechanism of action” is used multiple times in your article, it will identify this as the main keyword and based on that it will scan the database for duplicates. .
- However, this tool does not confirm whether the article is plagiarized or not. It only reports the originality of the article showing how similar the submitted article is to the content source in its database.
Who should use Turnitin?
- Higher Education
Uphold academic integrity, streamline grading and feedback, and protect your reputation with these tools.
- Secondary Education
Improve student writing, check for text similarity, and help develop original thinking skills with these tools for teachers.
- Research & Publication
Publish with confidence using the tool top researchers and publishers trust to ensure the originality of scholarly works.
Features of Turnitin
- This tool software verifies original content by comparing submitted articles against several databases using a proprietary algorithm. It scans its own databases and also has licensing agreements with major academic proprietary databases for the most objective verification.
- Student essays are stored in a database used to check for plagiarism. This prevents one student or students from using another’s articles, by determining the percentage of matches between articles.
- In addition to student writings, the database contains an accessible copy to continuously add content to the Turnitin archive. It also contains commercial sites or copyrighted books, newspapers and magazines.
- Students often upload their work directly to the service’s platform for teachers to access. Teachers can also submit student work to this software as individual files, by bulk upload, or as a ZIP archive. Teachers can set up assignment analysis options so that students can review the original work on the system before completing their work. It is integrated into exercise tools in many classrooms.
- This means that when you upload your paper to the class for grading, it will automatically be submitted through the Turnitin repository, without the need to log in separately at homepage. The same report it generates will help identify possible instances of plagiarism.
This tool helps develop students’ original thinking skills with actionable, high-quality feedback that easily fits into existing teacher workflows. I recommend you buy it now at our Turnitin group buy to own the best tool at the cheapest price. I hope that you will find this article useful. Thanks for reading!
There are no reviews yet.